Tendo City
The most active member? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The most active member? (/showthread.php?tid=464)

Pages: 1 2

The most active member? - Great Rumbler - 29th March 2003

J.A.G.

Judge Advocate General

And

My initials

The most active member? - OB1 - 29th March 2003

Jonathan Arthur Garfunkle?

Yeah, that's what it is. Dork.

I'll let you guess again and pretend your didn't make that last guess.

The most active member? - Dark Jaguar - 29th March 2003

Whenever I get something online and they ask for my real name, I just give them my nick. No one's going to bother to check or anything when mailing something so long as the address is correct. LL knows my address, but I've moved twice since then. He also MIGHT know my name if he examined an e-mail I sent him a while back when I was too stupid to bother hiding that data (and thus likely would know my gender), but that's the only person here I e-mailed when I didn't bother hiding data (it was using my old hotmail address besides, I think). If he does know, he either totally forgot or is exactly as nice as I think he is and hasn't done a thing with it. I also make a point of not storing my name on ANY fields in my computer, so even a hacker wouldn't be able to find out what it is (unless another person using my computer entered it somewhere, but even then it would be in the context of them, so it wouldn't be totally certain anyway). By the by, until I came up with this current nick (which by the way actually seems to be getting used by people other than me, a bad sign) I couldn't ever manage to put in a unique name in ANYTHING. There are already over 60000 Donkey Kongs you say? 200000000 different Terras? In fact, in frustration often I'd punch in random letters until I actually found something unused (this is a tactic many of my friends use when using battle.net on my machine, apparently dsakadfads is a pre-registered name :D), and write that down. Some random combinations weren't even unique enough, so I ended up putting "64" behind anything that wasn't unique enough to make it unique (of course, now that won't work). Most of those old random name things I've forgotten about completely though.

You're so paranoid, DJ. :p

The most active member? - Dark Jaguar - 29th March 2003

:D Not really, I'm not going to any great lengths at all. In fact, it's EASIER to make up false info than look up my real data when filling out forms (123 fake street). I'm just not saying anything about myself, well aside from my current state and city. It's just common sense not to give out things like that to everyone is all. It's just like not wearing a big sign outfit with your name and address outside.

The most active member? - A Black Falcon - 29th March 2003

I just don't put my real name or real address on any websites that require it on signup... I just put in something useless... or nothing if you can. But I don't go to the extent DJ here seems to...

Hey I also use the 123 fake street address! Actually it's usually 123 yeahright drive.

I wonder if companies actually send stuff to these addresses... hahaha. The post office must get a lot of "123 fake street" returned letters.

The most active member? - A Black Falcon - 29th March 2003

Yeah... though I doubt that they send any mail, if they do they'd get lots of returns... :)

The most active member? - Dark Lord Neo - 30th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
He also MIGHT know my name if he examined an e-mail I sent him a while back when I was too stupid to bother hiding that data (and thus likely would know my gender), but that's the only person here I e-mailed when I didn't bother hiding data (it was using my old hotmail address besides, I think).

DJ Has a Gender? DJ's not a Robot Eek

Anyways if you choose someone profile it tells you what there average # of posts per day is(everyone probably already knew this though)

OB1 8.50 posts per day
Dark Jaguar 6.86 posts per day
Dark Lord Neo 4.87 posts per day
Weltall 4.25 posts per day
Great Rumbler 3.38 posts per day
A Black Falcon 2.81 posts per day

I'd look up others but I don't feel like it

The most active member? - OB1 - 30th March 2003

That doesn't mean much since it just takes the total number of posts and divides it by the number of days the person has been registered.

The most active member? - Dark Lord Neo - 30th March 2003

yeah I guess, but if it's reallly low then it means there was a period where they weren't very active

The most active member? - Dark Jaguar - 31st March 2003

Actually ABF, what you described pretty much fully sums up the only "extent" I go to. I posted a whole paragraph there, but if you pay attention (hard to do I know) you will notice most of it is just tales of my exploits avoiding putting in real name data (in other words inhumanly boring stuff no one cares to know). Break away the rest of it, and you have basically what you said. I just don't give my real info out whenever it's asked for.

The most active member? - Dark Lord Neo - 31st March 2003

I've given my name out before I don't really care, I'm not afraid, I think Boris even had my address at one point for some reason, but I'm not really woried about him coming over from the Netherlands to Canada to kill me or somthing.
I think I've e-mailed some of you before with my real name showing in the e-mail

The most active member? - alien space marine - 31st March 2003

The worse Boris could do from Holland is send a Virus, which he wouldnt do anyways.I havent spoken to him In a year! I wonder how he is doing now.