Tendo City
srsly plz someone kill Dr. Phil - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: srsly plz someone kill Dr. Phil (/showthread.php?tid=4324)

Pages: 1 2

srsly plz someone kill Dr. Phil - Weltall - 20th April 2007

I think most of Thompson's exposure in the media is primarily to show that he's a strange legal specimen. For all his attention and all his bluster, he never actually accomplishes any of his master goals.

srsly plz someone kill Dr. Phil - Dark Jaguar - 21st April 2007

There's nothing wrong with being popular, or a "jock", or a cheerleader. The problem is just from those who take that to mean they actually have a position of authority and have a duty to "help" those unpopulars by pointing out their "faults". There's everything wrong with being a bully going around picking on people for percieved sleights, or just because one wants to.

It is cliche, but when he did this, he was no better than the people he was bullied by, and in fact a hundred times worse.

Further, who cares if the people he attacked, in his mind, symbolically represented the "system" or something stupid like that? There's lots of GOOD qualities of "the system" we call society. I mean, would you rather have feudalism, or maybe barbarism? That sit well with you? No, it has problems, but what we have now is a LOT better than what past generations of humanity had. Should this be a wake up call to bullies to cut it out? Yes, it should be. However, this kid attacked random strangers who did no harm. He merely assumed they "probably are terrible people" based simply on them being popular, maybe. Further, he may have just attacked anyone and everyone. How many nerds and other outcasts who were able to handle it better did he perhaps wipe out? I don't know, but it's a possibility there were some.

Lazy, there is no inherant "justice" in the way the universe works. Justice is a human creation and concern. That doesn't make it valueless, because values too are a human creation and concern and I really don't think there's a problem in that. My point is we can't count on karma or the stars or something to "set things right". Good people can die for no good reason, and bad people can get away with things. UNLESS, and this is where the fact that it's a human concern is important, we as humans do something ourselves. Justice only exists when we do something about it. We aren't perfect, and neither is our application of justice, but it's our best chance. Despite the way that sounds, I'm actually pretty optimistic. We seem to be able to accomplish it, most of the time. Now let's climb a tree because the future is an ADVENTURE! Look, SQUIRRELS!

srsly plz someone kill Dr. Phil - alien space marine - 21st April 2007

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being popular in school.

The only issue is that kids should not be left isolated to become vulnerable loners and also get harrasement at the same time these are the people who are more fragial have the least self esteem , Schools have to do more to help kids learn social skills proper conduct and to teach tolerance.

The issue of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia is a another serious matter, I think north America in general the system is incredibly lackluster its not just USA.

srsly plz someone kill Dr. Phil - Geno - 22nd April 2007

Dark Jaguar Wrote:It is cliche, but when he did this, he was no better than the people he was bullied by, and in fact a hundred times worse.
Exactly. I wanted to break a few noses when I was in middle school, but there's a line between giving someone a wedgie and killing 32 people. A massive line, in fact, that's visible on radar. Forgive the bad metaphors, it's 1 in the morning.