Tendo City
Wii stuff goes here - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Wii stuff goes here (/showthread.php?tid=3744)

Pages: 1 2

Wii stuff goes here - lazyfatbum - 10th May 2006

lmao DJ is having OB1 flashbacks.

rocky, OB1 was a guy on this bboard who would get really insecure and start yelling at people, being really argumenative and overbearing to the point of being a nuisence and lowering the ...."quality of life" of TC :D he later told us he was just taking his anger out on the forums from his work, etc, but the damage was done. then he left saying he'd never come back. So now when we see someone even remotely acting like OB1 we get worried about massive flame wars, etc.

But no harm no fowl, we still love OB1, we love you, we love eachother. Love me. *hugs*

ABF/ Sorry, but putting the slingshot or bow on C-Down felt awesome, like you were actually pulling the bow string back, and the same for the hookshot. But hookshot and boomerang worked well in C-Right as well, as that was where link would hold them anyway.

Wii stuff goes here - Rocky Raccoon - 10th May 2006

i don't get it though, i'm not flaming.

i dont think you did anything wrong either, your opinion is just as valid as anyone here. it's best to drop it.

just understand that we're 'being babies' because Nintendo is really, really, scarily important to us, even how they do business and especially their products, so we critisize the shit out of everything. Wrong or right, it's what we do. *shrugs* if you seriously think we're being annoying or something, just go to a different thread or start your own thread/post to debate the good points of the controller, yunno, something more substantial than just saying we're complaining too much. :D

i suppose complaining about people complaining isn't much better than people complaining. but i was having more fun than anything, even if i stand by my opinion.

Wii stuff goes here - A Black Falcon - 10th May 2006

Quote:why would i want to argue something so pointless when i don't feel the need to "prove you wrong"? I don't think it's a big deal, nuff said.

Because isn't the whole point of talking about games on the internet is to, oh, I don't know... talk about games and game-related things like hardware?

Yes, yes it is!

Thus your whole attitude towards this is wrong.

Quote:ABF/ Sorry, but putting the slingshot or bow on C-Down felt awesome, like you were actually pulling the bow string back, and the same for the hookshot. But hookshot and boomerang worked well in C-Right as well, as that was where link would hold them anyway.

No it wasn't, it was clumsy and hard to use... basically the game had the same two button inventory as WW -- X and Y. And most N64 games don't have the luxury of optional buttons like a three-button inventory does...

Quote:Because isn't the whole point of talking about games on the internet is to, oh, I don't know... talk about games and game-related things like hardware?

Yes, yes it is!

Thus your whole attitude towards this is wrong.

heh, so because i don't want to get into big "debates" my attitude is wrong? why can't i just casually post at a forum and not waste hours making huge pointless arguments?

i totally disagree, i liked the c-stick. and in WW you could have 3 slots, one was the z trigger best suited for things like the camera, telescope, bait, etc. Not an 'action' item though.

the stick worked great in oot for the cube.

Wii stuff goes here - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2006

[Image: 22072.jpg]

what's with the slots

Wii stuff goes here - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2006

No idea.

Wii stuff goes here - lazyfatbum - 11th May 2006

wtf?

1.) Yeah, slots?

2.) ....it's wired to the wiiimote? How are you supposed to use that on a two handed controller? well actually, you could hold VC controller with one hand just like the nunchuku.... but why?

Could the slots be a docking area for the wiimote?

Wii stuff goes here - A Black Falcon - 11th May 2006

Quote:2.) ....it's wired to the wiiimote? How are you supposed to use that on a two handed controller? well actually, you could hold VC controller with one hand just like the nunchuku.... but why?

I assumed that you put the wiimote on the ground and just hold the controller like you would any other... but it is a bit odd, with the other end of the cord just being attached to the tiny little wiimote, though. :D

Quote:what's with the slots

They're the vents where the stupid comes from, to make people holding it think that they're using a good controller... :D (joking, joking...)

They aren't for attaching to the wiimote, though. It wouldn't have that long cord if they were, and there's nowhere for them to hook on to... and the back of the controller is somewhat curved; it wouldn't line up. No purpose I guess...

Wii stuff goes here - Great Rumbler - 11th May 2006

I assume you attach it to the Wiimote in order to make the unit, more or less, "wireless".

Wii stuff goes here - Dark Jaguar - 11th May 2006

But, they could just put wireless capabilities right into the controller couldn't they? I suppose that would boost the price. Anyway, still some work to be done, and no grips on the back I see.