Tendo City
ytmnd.com - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: ytmnd.com (/showthread.php?tid=3195)

Pages: 1 2

ytmnd.com - Geno - 3rd October 2005

Rock music was great until grunge came along. Stupid Nirvana and their crappy music... then we have the rock of today: Linkin Park, blink-182, Limp Bizkit, KoRn... they all suck. (Okay, so some of those bands have disbanded, but they're still recent.)

The rock music I like is mostly from the 60's and 70's with just a hint of 80's and very early 90's. (Another perspective: from the Beatles to Guns n' Roses.) I do listen to some metal (old school Metallica and such) but I'm certainly not one of those long-haired punk assholes who rebels against all forms of authority. I agree, the idea that "Person X is part of Group X because he/she listens to Music X" is retarded.

ytmnd.com - -iLluSiON- - 3rd October 2005

Hey, man. You asked, I told :)

Geno Wrote:Rock music was great until grunge came along.

I disagree. Great grunge bands were Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, (older) Nirvana, and Pearl Jam. Believe or not, most grunge bands have a considerable amount of musical talent compared to today's crap.
__
I'm in a heavy metal band, and I've been playing guitar and writing music for most of my life.

[Image: untitled25ve.jpg]
is a picture of me. laugh at me if you will Link

ytmnd.com - Smoke - 3rd October 2005

A Black Falcon Wrote:Oh yes, and saying "because you listen to music of type X or whatever you're a person of type X" is of course ridiculous...
For many young people what kind of music they listen to determines who they are and who they can be friends with.

Oh and I find this stuff very interesting. I recently saw a documentary about Punk on IFC that cleared up some stuff for me.

From what I understand Emo used to be short for Emotional Hardcore and Hardcore's short for Hardcore Punk. But most emo these days doesn't sound very hardcore.

Geno Wrote:Rock music was great until grunge came along.

Rock music is still great, you just have to dig deeper to find it. What you see on MTV and hear on the radio is not all that's out there.

ytmnd.com - Geno - 3rd October 2005

Yeah, a lot of emo isn't very hardcore. Evanescence is the "wah wah" kind of emo.

I know there are good underground rock bands though. I'm just not familiar with too many of them. :)

And yes, grunge > mainstream rock of today. Some talent is better than none. A common trend in music today seems to be "make the song as non-musical as possible." Do this by any means necessary: scream into the microphone in lieu of singing; instead of instruments, make obnoxious noises; add too much bass to the song. Do whatever it takes to make the song suck and kids who are looking for something "different" (when in fact they just go with the group like everyone else) will flock to whatever shit it is that you've put out. God forbid that you listen to those "conformist" bands that don't suck.

ytmnd.com - EdenMaster - 3rd October 2005

Geno Wrote:I agree, the idea that "Person X is part of Group X because he/she listens to Music X" is retarded.

Hey, you got a problem against Group X , idioth? Mario Twins kick your ass!

ytmnd.com - Dark Jaguar - 3rd October 2005

Well illusion what I mean is, that was pretty much the same definition I was just told, only with the added bit about what music they stereotypically prefer.

I'm surprised no one on this board listens to children of bodom. they sound like video game music.

they're horrible to me though..
then again, they're metal. ! no one likes metal on this board!

ytmnd.com - Great Rumbler - 3rd October 2005

Well, I like heavy metal for the most part.

Sweetness.

ytmnd.com - Geno - 4th October 2005

I love metal. I don't listen to a whole lot of it, but I do love what I do listen to. (Metallica and... uh... damn, I need to expand my horizons in the metal genre.)

ytmnd.com - -iLluSiON- - 4th October 2005

Geno Wrote:I love metal. I don't listen to a whole lot of it, but I do love what I do listen to. (Metallica and... uh... damn, I need to expand my horizons in the metal genre.)

If you want to expand your metal horizons, just ask me. I have about 500 metal cds on my computer :X

ytmnd.com - Dark Jaguar - 5th October 2005

http://mrgameandwatch.ytmnd.com/