Tendo City
!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: !Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! (/showthread.php?tid=3162)

Pages: 1 2

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 6th September 2005

I've been calling you Ryan.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 6th September 2005

The reason is simple, that's how you first introduced yourself, and you stuck with that name for too long. It's like if you changed your real life name. You can bet your family would just make fun of you for doing it and just keep calling you Ryan.

Same here, only your name is WELTALL now. Maybe if you switched to something equally net... ish...

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Darunia - 6th September 2005

Because we old, grizzled war veterans are stubborn and set in our ways, and just like some older-generation vets still say Krauts and Japs in reference, I still say Weltall.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - A Black Falcon - 6th September 2005

Maybe because it's kind of odd to use someone's real name on the internet?

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 6th September 2005

No, it isn't, Brian.

I'd be willing to start a new OoT game along with everyone. How about in the spare forum we all create a thread and every day we play we log what we did. What dungeons we beat, items we acquired, times we might have died, or whatever. That would be fun. When should we start?

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 6th September 2005

If we're going to go way back to early names, we can refer to Weltall as the Webmaster, or as I liked to call him back then, the Webbastard.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 6th September 2005

Ah, The Webmaster...I remember that.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - A Black Falcon - 6th September 2005

Which spare forum? The We Need New Members forum? One of the three or four unused hidden forums? One of the equally unused admin-only forums?

Quote:No, it isn't, Brian.

Yes it is...

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Weltall - 6th September 2005

Even when we make it plain that we don't mind? :D

I like the idea, I'll start it up in a few hours, as I'm playing now.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - The Former DMiller - 6th September 2005

I don't think it's weird at all to call people by their real names on the net. One reason I used my real name as my handle on forums is because I thought it was weird when people would call me by the handle. Most other forums I post(ed) at I use Derek as my name, but I started at TC as DMiller so I never bothered to change it to Derek. It's just a personal preference really.

It's not really much a secret in such a tight-knit community such as what we have here. I, for one, know the first and last names of almost every regular member here, and at least the first name of everyone. I imagine others here do too. It's just something you pick up after being here for so long.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 6th September 2005

I recall Weltall as being Weltall since way back during Rumble City. Did he start calling himself the vebmeister during that period when RC died and everyone had to go to the fallout shelter, or was that before Welty even came to RC?

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2005

No, he came before the forum died... he backed up the whole thing, remember? And he set up the Fallout Shelter... Remember? He won OoT from one of the Game of the Month contests, etc...

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 7th September 2005

I know that, I was asking a different question.

My question was if Geno actually knew him even before he first came to RC, at yet another board before the fallout shelter, going by that name. Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2005

Ah... no, you weren't.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - TheBiggah - 7th September 2005

I know who each of you are, and where you live.

-TheBiggah-

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 7th September 2005

Back in the days of the ONSP, Weltall posted on his messageboard (actually, it was a guestbook) as The Webmaster, as he was the webmaster of the ONSP. After a few months, he changed his handle to Weltall. So yeah, he decided on the name Weltall sometime in 1999 and was The Webmaster before that.