Tendo City
Favorite Sci-Fi movies - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Den of the Philociraptor (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Favorite Sci-Fi movies (/showthread.php?tid=2570)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Sci-Fi movies - Darunia - 14th March 2005

Did you even watch Aliens?? (yes)You just described like.. the complete opposite of what happened in the movie. (nope.

The marines got THEIR asses fucking kicked, by a lot less than a millions aliens, and they had planned on nuking the 'small space base' but did not eventually need to, as it blew up by itself. regardless--it got nuked by a nuclear reaction.

Aliens is my favourite Sci-Fi, btw. But you're being far too harsh on such an amazing movie as Alien. If you prefer the action of #2 (I'm guessing you're the type of person to skip through the first 1.5 hours to get to the aliens..) then it shows you have a severe lack of patience in regards to cinema.

Don't presume to tell me what kind of person I am or what kind of movies I like, and I won't presume to call you an asshole based on the insulting feedback I receive here.

And I don't think the two movies are completely different. The second movie uses all the techniques of the original, but on a much larger scale. It simply expands every component of the original.

Granted. I said I liked it better. For making known my preference, I apologize to you, and all those who were hurt by it. If I had known that telling you which movie I prefered would have caused so much pain and suffering, I surely wouldn't have don it. Again, I apologize, and will in the future refrain from such selfish actions.

Blade Runner and 2001 are close seconds. Though, the book for 2001 is superior.

I never saw Blad Runner; and 2001 is in a category of excellence all by itself.

Favorite Sci-Fi movies - Great Rumbler - 14th March 2005

Alien and Aliens are both cool movies.

Quote:I never saw Blade Runner

It's a good movie, not my favorite scifi movie, though. The design and the music awesome, especially in the opening shot of the movie.

Quote:2001 is in a category of excellence all by itself.

Definitely. Everything about it is simply amazing, so that I can easily place it as my all time favorite movie of any kind ever. Granted there are a number of excellent classics that I haven't seen, but until then...

Favorite Sci-Fi movies - A Black Falcon - 14th March 2005

Blade Runner was pretty good... I haven't seen Alien, Aliens, or 2001, but Blade Runner was good. Not the best sci-fi film ever, but good.

Other good sci-fi films... that haven't been mentioned, that is. :) Hmm, how about Gattica? That was good.

Yeah, Gattica is pretty good, but not having watched Alien, Aliens, or 2001? That's just sad.

I've thought of the Aliens films as more horror than sci-fi and our family has never exactly been big on watching horror films.

So you can't watch those movies because your family won't let you?

Yes, I do know what you meant, but anyway, Alien would probably fall under scifi/horror, but Aliens is more scifi/action/horror, with a lower amount of horror elements than the first, though both have it to an extent. You should still see them anyway.

Probably, yeah.

Favorite Sci-Fi movies - Darunia - 15th March 2005

Yea Gattica was good; but if Aliens is horroer, than that was more drama than Sci-Fi. At any rate, it was good... other not-mentioned good sci-fi movies include:

-Forbidden Planet (see Leslie Nielsen in a serious role!)
-Battlestar Galactica
-The Running Man
-Demolition Man (yea I know it barely counts.)
-Silent Running (a real little-known classic.)
-Original Planet of the Apes