Tendo City
Confused Stormtrooper. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Confused Stormtrooper. (/showthread.php?tid=2279)

Pages: 1 2

Confused Stormtrooper. - A Black Falcon - 18th October 2004

"most of"? No. Definitely not. Sure, his dates are off and a few minor details are wrong, but I would definitely say that "most of" it is either perfectly plausible or would work fine if you fixed the details he could not have known, like the specific dates of the Clone Wars.

Confused Stormtrooper. - OB1 - 18th October 2004

Everything regarding the methods of cloning, the lost Jedi, and a number of other details have been contradicted.

Uh, not about the methods of cloning, I think... not as far as I know anyway. At least not the general details, which are the most important -- in that before it always took years to grow clones but with their special technique they could do it quickly, which could not be done before... as for other things I don't remember.

They used those cylinder things for cloning. That's not how clones were made, even after the prequels.

So of course it's impossible to do it that way? Uh... I doubt that.

They explained it in the book as the way that Jedi was cloned, as well as the troopers.

I think. I forgot, it's been so long since I read it.

Confused Stormtrooper. - Great Rumbler - 18th October 2004

Those are still good books though. I really should read them again sometime. Of course there are a lot of books I should read again and plenty that I haven't read yet.

Confused Stormtrooper. - OB1 - 19th October 2004

Yeah the Thrawn trilogy was great.

Confused Stormtrooper. - A Black Falcon - 19th October 2004

They were the first modern EU fiction, and they might still be the best... and unlike most of the EU it's actually been used a lot. Mara Jade is a major EU book character, for instance, and in the realm of videogames Thrawn shows up in TIE Fighter (including in the introduction) and a bunch of stuff, including Mara Jade and Ysalamiris, are in Mysteries of the Sith... none of the other EU serieses have as much recognition. And, I'd say, for good reason... that one's still likely the best...

I wonder if there will be revised editions of any of the EU books once Episode III is finally released, so that they can fix some of the many contradictions all over the place.

Confused Stormtrooper. - A Black Falcon - 19th October 2004

That might be a good idea, but I don't know if they would want to do that... well, a good idea for continuity. Not for people who have to re-buy fifty books. :) ... I'd just stick with the ones I have, fixing those little problems wouldn't be worth that kind of cash after I own all (or virtually all; I don't have the newest few (four I think?) books, the movie novelizations, or the (supposedly awful) Lando Calrissian Adventures...) of those books already...

Well they wouldn't need to fix all of the books.

Confused Stormtrooper. - Great Rumbler - 19th October 2004

The Jedi Academy trilogy is pretty good too. That have to change some things in those books also, since the New Republic discovers an Imperial facility where the Death Star was designed and a major plot point includes a scientist that designed it. Oh well, it was a good series and I'll still enjoy reading it.

Confused Stormtrooper. - A Black Falcon - 20th October 2004

That would take minimal modification to make sense. After all, someone had to have designed the Death Star! So they weren't Imperials yet... really, it's a small thing. Scientists would obviously have to design it and they well could have been where they are in that series. You only need to modify it to reflect the fact that instead of Imperials running it back when the Death Star was first worked on, it was people who Palpatine was manipulating.

Confused Stormtrooper. - Great Rumbler - 20th October 2004

Possibly, but Episode 2 made it seem like that it was people on Geonosis that designed the Death Star not scientists at the Maw Installation.

They didn't directly state it however. :)

Confused Stormtrooper. - Great Rumbler - 20th October 2004

No, but it's implied fairly heavily.

Confused Stormtrooper. - OB1 - 20th October 2004

Actually, Lucas himself directly stated it in the commentary track. He talked about Clerks and how "Jay and Silent Bob don't need to worry about innocent workers dying because they were all these ugly bug creatures". :D Now, it was Dante and Randall who talked about that, but that was hilarious when Lucas mentioned it.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, for goodness sake go out and rent Clerks!

It implies something but I'm sure you could explain it in a way that would keep some kind of role in the project for the Maw Installation... it'd require some story rewrite for sure but it'd definitely still work.

Confused Stormtrooper. - alien space marine - 22nd October 2004

Having a Episode VII might clear it up , Id like to see Mara Jade she is mentioned in the archives of starwars.com , So I guess she could be canon in Lucas eyes.

But I soppose the actors are too old now... :( ,Video games and books is the only way you could have it now. Lucas will just have to say what is official and what isnt.

Confused Stormtrooper. - Darunia - 22nd October 2004

D-do you suppose that my Star Wars story--is... is canon?

*Beseeching puppy-dog face* :crap:

Confused Stormtrooper. - OB1 - 26th October 2004

what?

Confused Stormtrooper. - Great Rumbler - 26th October 2004

Quote:D-do you suppose that my Star Wars story--is... is canon?

Of course...wait...you were asking if it was NOT canon right?