Tendo City
Shaun of the Dead - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Shaun of the Dead (/showthread.php?tid=2253)

Pages: 1 2

Shaun of the Dead - Fittisize - 5th October 2004

I dunno, if it is you'd probably still find a way to bitch about it.

Shaun of the Dead - OB1 - 5th October 2004

Why not go to college in Dallas?

Shaun of the Dead - Great Rumbler - 6th October 2004

Because if I go to college in Oklahoma it's only 20 miles from where I live and all my tuition is paid for.

Shaun of the Dead - Darunia - 6th October 2004

I hate New England; it's so expensive here...gas is back up to (at lowest) $1.85 a gallon now, a cheap house is $300k, movies are never lower than $8 (except at matinées), and there's a tax on everything!

Shaun of the Dead - alien space marine - 6th October 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:$12.00 Canadian? Isn't that like 50 cents American, though?

they canadian dollar is worth 70 cents of an american one do the math! Its certainly not 50 cents ! (thats more like the chinese dollar)

Shaun of the Dead - OB1 - 6th October 2004

Chinese dollar? Do you mean the Hong Kong dollar then? Becaus they use yuans in China.

Shaun of the Dead - Undertow - 6th October 2004

Currency Converter

God bless google.

Yeah I buy stuff in HKD all of the time so I know the exchange rate. Xe.com is great.

Shaun of the Dead - A Black Falcon - 6th October 2004

New Hampshire doesn't have property taxes...

Shaun of the Dead - Great Rumbler - 6th October 2004

Quote:$1.85 a gallon now

That's actually low compared to the national average. Around here I think it's about $1.78-$1.83.

It's 1.85 here.

Shaun of the Dead - alien space marine - 7th October 2004

12$ bucks canadian is 9.54 $ american ,* Hong Kong currency still counts as Chinese *, Never heard of the "Yuang" thing , But I have of the Japanese "Yen".

Shaun of the Dead - OB1 - 7th October 2004

They use Hong Kong dollars in Hong Kong, and Chinese Yuan in China. They are not the same currency.

Shaun of the Dead - Great Rumbler - 7th October 2004

Hong Kong uses dollars, but they're not the same as American dollars.

OB1 Wrote:They use Hong Kong dollars in Hong Kong, and Chinese Yuan in China. They are not the same currency.

How did I suggest they were same currency? Hong Kong is a semi independant state of China but still part of the country of china, Since the brits handed it back to Beijing. It counts as a Chinese currency now it cant be used I gather in mainland china nore can Yuan be used in Hong Kong(or can it?),But the dollar is one of the two chinese currencies.So therefore it is chinese!

Quote:How did I suggest they were same currency?

Gee I dunno, maybe it was when you said "Hong Kong currency still counts as Chinese *, Never heard of the "Yuang" thing ".

Yeah.

Quote:How did I suggest they were same currency? Hong Kong is a semi independant state of China but still part of the country of china, Since the brits handed it back to Beijing. It counts as a Chinese currency now it cant be used I gather in mainland china nore can Yuan be used in Hong Kong(or can it?),But the dollar is one of the two chinese currencies.So therefore it is chinese!

Yes thank you for the history lesson because I did not know that HK was handed over to China in 1997. I also did not know that HK is still an independent region (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is what it's called, or HKSAR for short) that is not supposed to become a real part of China until 2046. Thanks for letting me know!

And didn't you just say that you've never heard of the yuan, yet now you're trying to tell me about it?

Shaun of the Dead - Great Rumbler - 7th October 2004

I guess that you could count them both as "Chinese" currency, but that doesn't change the fact that they are two distinct currencies and if you're talking about one of them you need to make sure that you specify which you're talking about.

OB1 Wrote:Gee I dunno, maybe it was when you said "Hong Kong currency still counts as Chinese *, Never heard of the "Yuang" thing ".

Yeah.

Yes thank you for the history lesson because I did not know that HK was handed over to China in 1997. I also did not know that HK is still an independent region (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is what it's called, or HKSAR for short) that is not supposed to become a real part of China until 2046. Thanks for letting me know!

And didn't you just say that you've never heard of the yuan, yet now you're trying to tell me about it?

I had to refresh your minds an unecessary but essential way to annoy you.

I just did research, In regards to the name "Yuan: it comes from a ancient Mongolian dynasty founded by Kublai Khan, "Da Yuan" means great origin.

I guess thats why the commies called it Yuan to honnor their communist origins.

Great Rumbler Wrote:I guess that you could count them both as "Chinese" currency, but that doesn't change the fact that they are two distinct currencies and if you're talking about one of them you need to make sure that you specify which you're talking about.

I meant Yuan when I said that original statement although I didnt know what it was called by name or that it waisnt a dollar (To me money is money, I guess that Yuan is a commie thing thats one reason its not a dollar )

My apologize for dragging on this shit into areas that were not needed.

Shaun of the Dead - Darunia - 7th October 2004

YES--! THIS IS AWESOMELY EXCITING--! A DEBATE OVER FOREIGN CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES!! Throw another log on the fire, this is gonna be an all-nighter!

alien space marine Wrote:I had to refresh your minds an unecessary but essential way to annoy you.

I just did research, In regards to the name "Yuan: it comes from a ancient Mongolian dynasty founded by Kublai Khan, "Da Yuan" means great origin.

I guess thats why the commies called it Yuan to honnor their communist origins.

:screwy: