Tendo City
arthur's thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: arthur's thread (/showthread.php?tid=2249)

Pages: 1 2

arthur's thread - A Black Falcon - 5th October 2004

I loved the books when I was a kid, but the TV show wasn't made until I was maybe in Jr. High or something... but still I've seen it a good number of times and for a children's show it's pretty good. PBS seems to have (or has had) most of the good childen's programming... Arthur, Magic School Bus, Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Wishbone (if anyone has heard of it), 3-2-1-Contact... but yeah, I still think Arthur is decent. Once you accept that it's made for third graders.

arthur's thread - OB1 - 5th October 2004

Man that show sucked. I remember all of the Ninja Turtles and Transformers kids beating up the PBS kids. :D

3-2-1 Contact, Sesame Street, and Mr. Rogers kicked ass, however.

arthur's thread - Great Rumbler - 5th October 2004

Speaking of educational shows that I watched a lot, I also watched Bill Nye the Science Guy and Beakmen's World. Those were two of the best shows ever made 10 years ago. Man, those shows were so awesome.

Haha, I used to watch Beakmen's world. The best art show was Secret City, btw. Mark Kissler was the man.

arthur's thread - Darunia - 5th October 2004

Haha yea; you had Beakman, the rat guy, and the girl with the weird voice---then Disney copied with Bill Nye. I never learned a goddamn thing, but they sure were entertaining.

arthur's thread - Great Rumbler - 5th October 2004

Quote:The best art show was Secret City

"And now we're going to put this little bush down here. That'll just be our little secret...and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you!"

Quote:I never learned a goddamn thing, but they sure were entertaining.

I don't know if I ever learned anything either, but I loved watching them.

Secret City was a drawing show, silly.

arthur's thread - Great Rumbler - 6th October 2004

That's just what I thought of when you said "art show". Family Guy is such an awesome show.

arthur's thread - Darunia - 6th October 2004

I've never heard of Secret City--what's that?

arthur's thread - OB1 - 6th October 2004

An awesome art show that taught kids how to draw cool cartoon stuff.

arthur's thread - A Black Falcon - 6th October 2004

Bill Nye was good... 3-2-1-Contact was also a science show and was earlier, though. Not sure which was better, both were pretty good...

And Arthur is good. ... okay at the time (and to a large degree at home still) what I can watch is quite limited, but still, it's decent... and I wish they were still showing Magic School Bus. (they have stupid stuff like George Shrinks and CyberChase but not Magic School Bus?) And how about Carmen Sandiego? Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego was kind of stupid, but the original Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego was really good.

arthur's thread - OB1 - 6th October 2004

The lame game show or the cartoon?

arthur's thread - A Black Falcon - 6th October 2004

Cartoon? Not sure if I've seen it...

As for the gameshow I liked it when I was younger. Haven't seen it in a long time though so I don't know how it'd hold up.

arthur's thread - Great Rumbler - 6th October 2004

I used to watch the gameshow a lot as well as the cartoon series. Both were fairly good.

arthur's thread - Geno - 7th October 2004

The cartoon show was actually called Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? But anyway...

Bill Nye and Beakman ruled. I used to like Wishbone when I was younger too.