Tendo City
GTA: SA sounds incredible - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: GTA: SA sounds incredible (/showthread.php?tid=1918)

Pages: 1 2

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Geno - 30th May 2004

They should probably have a GTA where you can travel all over the world. There'd be an airport like in Vice City, except you could actually buy a ticket and board a plane there.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - alien space marine - 31st May 2004

Can you hijack it and then fly it into Lucas arts?

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Great Rumbler - 31st May 2004

There's no way they'd ever add that option to the game.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - A Black Falcon - 31st May 2004

Quote:That's like asking if racing from point A to point B gets you anywhere.

Um, you win the race, progress to the next race, and eventually beat the game. Do you get anything for playing Crazy Taxi other than better Crazy Taxi skills?

Now, I know that there are those challenges and beating them probably gets something. But the main game? I don't know... but it didn't seem like it...

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Great Rumbler - 31st May 2004

You're weird.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Dark Jaguar - 31st May 2004

Now I've only played a demo of Crazi Taxi, but it certainly does seem very fun indeed. It's just classic arcade racing around town and picking people up just to take them somewhere else. That's all good. It's GTA I just don't enjoy, and honestly, it's due to the lack of real interaction. Sure, I can get missions to kill people and it's a big town, but when all the people are just walking atomatons that you only have the ability to kill or ignore, it gets dull. Random "killing sprees" just don't interest me... Now, if they made the game with REAL freedom, where you could, in an aimazing act of innovation, actually TALK to people using some sort of complex society interaction engine, then I'm interested. THEN I can really feel like I'm in a living city. THEN I might actually be able to play with FULL freedom. Being able to ONLY be a car stealing murderer in a game that is intended to give you full freedom just isn't enjoyable. I'd ALSO like to be the guy who can choose to either be a terror, running some crime syndicate using WORDS to threaten and get people to actually DO things for me as opposed to just shooting a bunch of sheeple in the head, OR be the guy who's trying to be Batman, scouring the city streets to stop thugs and crime lords, ALSO being able to actually talk to people, people that might know information I need to extract from them. THAT is the game I will play!

GTA: SA sounds incredible - A Black Falcon - 31st May 2004

Anyway, if I was to get another NGC racing game the next one would likely be Burnout 2... it's $20 now. But that won't be too soon, I don't have much money and Burnout isn't so great I need to go out and get it anytime soon. It's more a statement on the poor state of the NGC racing genre than anything. The next racing game I get will likely be Rush 2 for the N64...

GTA: SA sounds incredible - OB1 - 3rd June 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:You're weird.

And nothing else can be said, really.

GTA Hong Kong would be like a dream come true, it's just such a cool city. Tokyo as well. And Seoul. I agree with DJ though, I'd like to be able to talk to people or do regular RPG-like stuff in a GTA or GTA-like game.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Great Rumbler - 3rd June 2004

Yeah, it'd be cool to talk to people to get information or get new missions and they need to add in more minigames and such.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - OB1 - 3rd June 2004

Or call them poopy heads and run away.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Great Rumbler - 4th June 2004

Yeah, that too.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Geno - 5th June 2004

I agree, GTA has room for improvements, but Crazy Taxi has a lot less interaction. The RPG-ish elements (talking to people and such) would help a great deal. Vice City had improvements in freedom over GTA3 though. You can buy property, rack up money, and whatnot. Still, there are other ways it could improve. Killing sprees are only fun for the first ten minutes of playtime and for whenever you get bored as hell or frustrated with a mission. Frankly, I could care less whether or not you could do drive-by shootings. I didn't even pay attention to that part of the preview.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Private Hudson - 6th June 2004

I originally said that VC was what GTA3 should have been.

I may have to change that to SA being what GTA3 should have been. Let's just hope that adding all these improvements will keep the game fresh. And of course the most important thing, that the comedy remains fresh.

I liked the GTA games, the exploration, sense of freedom, comedy, and just crazy ass fun was nice. Not exceptional, but nice.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Smoke - 6th June 2004

I want a GTA like game with mechs. They could make it an MMORPG. It would be the greatest thing ever. Well, aside from "Fallout: Online". :D

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Geno - 7th June 2004

An online GTA with the freedom and property-buying capabilities of Vice City, but also the interaction capabilities of RPGs, would be grand except for one reason: newbies running around doing killing sprees, keeping you from making any progress whatsoever in the game and taking away any enjoyability the game may provide for true gamers.

I've pondered several reject GTA ideas, including Futuristic GTA, where you fly around in a jetpack and hijack people's flying cars in a Jetsons-esque environment, and Old West GTA, where you can steal people's horses and get chased by the sheriff! How about a... Time Travel GTA! Where you can travel through time!

...or not.

But it'd at least be cool to travel back to the 50's and 60's and drive around in an old Cadillac. Or to the 20's so you could hijack yourself a Model T Ford. I'm getting way over my head, aren't I?

GTA: SA sounds incredible - A Black Falcon - 7th June 2004

Fallout Online WOULD be awesome...

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Geno - 8th June 2004

I just remembered my biggest reject idea for a GTA game:

He's gone from Liberty City, to Vice City, to San Andreas. Now, Tommy Vercetti journies to...

Super Wal*Mart!

Hijack shopping carts, hold up cashiers, order food at McDonald's, shoot shoppers and workers, and run from store security! Or just pick up some milk and head home. But that wouldn't be as much fun as pulling an old lady off a mart cart and riding it around the store, knocking over shelves and crushing people's feet! Then go to the electronics section and play Pogo the Monkey!

...like I said, reject idea.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - OB1 - 8th June 2004

That would be so awesome.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Great Rumbler - 12th June 2004

I gotta say, Geno, that idea what make an awesome game.

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Geno - 12th June 2004

Really? You think I could go somewhere with this idea? Great! *patents the idea and sells it to Rockstar* $_$ I'm going to be rich!

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Great Rumbler - 12th June 2004

Believe in yourself, Geno! Believe in yourself and someday you too can create rainbows with your mind!!

GTA: SA sounds incredible - Geno - 14th June 2004

Yeah, and chicks dig confidence.