Tendo City
Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

Pages: 1 2

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 6th February 2004

So, GR, you know much about Nintendorks?

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 6th February 2004

Not as such, no.

So you should not be one to talk about really understanding those banners.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 6th February 2004

Ah, really? 'Cuz you know...I will anyway...just because you said I shouldn't.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 6th February 2004

You should visit them regularly, they're quite hilarious. Check out the DRCs!

They definitely are funny, yes...

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2004

Looks like my posts are untouched, or someone moved them back. ABF!

Listen, it's one thing not to get it, it's another to actually MODERATE based on your lack of understanding. It's A THROW TOO FAR! (That's funny because you never ever EVER hear that phrase but know it exists.)

Look, here's the joke. OB1 posts a bunch of pictures of a new anime. Underneath is his sig, in every thread yes, but WHO CARES? It's only funny this way! Having nothing to say about the anime, I instead choose to make a joke. What's the joke? Yeesh, I can't believe I have to explain this, and oddly enough not to OB1 but JUST you. The JOKE is that I say "that last pic" as though that was PART of his long list of anime pics! The OTHER joke is the REST of it, where I proceed to talk about how funny it would be for Frog of CT to fight Toad of Mario. I KNOW that's the actual names of those two characters! I used an alternate meaning of it instead!

THAT is humor! I'm not saying it was a GOOD joke, just that it makes perfect sense to anyone who takes half a second to analyze it.

Quote:Looks like my posts are untouched, or someone moved them back. ABF!

Listen, it's one thing not to get it, it's another to actually MODERATE based on your lack of understanding. It's A THROW TOO FAR! (That's funny because you never ever EVER hear that phrase but know it exists.)

What in the world are you talking about? You posted in this thread twice... not for a while though.

Quote:Look, here's the joke. OB1 posts a bunch of pictures of a new anime. Underneath is his sig, in every thread yes, but WHO CARES? It's only funny this way! Having nothing to say about the anime, I instead choose to make a joke. What's the joke? Yeesh, I can't believe I have to explain this, and oddly enough not to OB1 but JUST you. The JOKE is that I say "that last pic" as though that was PART of his long list of anime pics! The OTHER joke is the REST of it, where I proceed to talk about how funny it would be for Frog of CT to fight Toad of Mario. I KNOW that's the actual names of those two characters! I used an alternate meaning of it instead!

THAT is humor! I'm not saying it was a GOOD joke, just that it makes perfect sense to anyone who takes half a second to analyze it.

That's a pretty bad joke. :) I could obviously tell you were joking, but its a total non sequitur... and the game comment seems to come out of nowhere given how it's talking about a book (for reference to show that not all the Dorks banners are directly about games, look at the ones I posted -- a few aren't)... but whatever... it was hardly a big issue, you just confused me and OB1 turned it into something bigger than it was...

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Weltall - 6th February 2004

I hope you guys are advertising TC on other boards as fervently as you are advertising Nintendorks here!

*stern look*

ABF! The fact that it's ACTUALLY talking about a book but I turned it around to mean a game is the ENTIRE JOKE! Total nonsequiter? That's the entire POINT! Ever heard of IRONY? Yeesh!

Quote:I hope you guys are advertising TC on other boards as fervently as you are advertising Nintendorks here!

*stern look*

Well... um... you see...

Quote:ABF! The fact that it's ACTUALLY talking about a book but I turned it around to mean a game is the ENTIRE JOKE! Total nonsequiter? That's the entire POINT! Ever heard of IRONY? Yeesh!

Then it just wasn't a very good joke. :p

I already said that! When someone insults themself it's done to make them immune to other people insulting over the same thing! It's a system of defense that works! Don't rock the boat!

The issue here is that you didn't get it until now.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 7th February 2004

I got that you were off topic and that you weren't serious, but didn't really get your relation between Frog and Toad and those game characters... I was thinking 'but they don't look like characters from those games' or something like that... :)

And you insulting yourself doesn't make yourself immune. Sorry. It does lessen the impact, though... :)

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 8th February 2004

Quote:you just confused me and OB1 turned it into something bigger than it was...

She didn't confuse me. I knew what DJ was talking about. You're the one who misunderstood her. Surprise, surprise.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 8th February 2004

Um, that doesn't go against what I said there... DJ said something, I was confused by it and said so, and instead of you just waiting for DJ to come and explain it you make it into some huge issue it is not. Because you must use every opportunity you can to attack...

Oh I read that as "you just confused me and OB1"

you confused me, comma, and OB1... would have been better I guess.

Yes.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 8th February 2004

Grammar!!!

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Weltall - 8th February 2004

We need to make TC banners and populate them all over other forums.

Yeah, and I'd think about it if I had any ability at all for art... :)

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 9th February 2004

I could look into making up a few...

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 9th February 2004

So do you think one reason no one finds TC in search engines is that we don't have "Nintendo" in our name? :)

Heh heh :D

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Weltall - 9th February 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:So do you think one reason no one finds TC in search engines is that we don't have "Nintendo" in our name? :)

That, and the fact that we're one of about seven hundred trillion Nintendo sites out there, and I'd wager about 5,000 or so are more popular than TC is.

But if they search for "Nintendo" will they even FIND us? :)

... maybe on page five hundred or something... but you must admit not having "Nintendo" in our name is probably a factor...

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Weltall - 9th February 2004

I don't think the thought of changing our name would go over well.

Besides, even if we did, most search engines filter by traffic, so we'd still be near the bottom for a long time.

No, we shouldn't change our name. I'm just saying it's one reason, I'm sure, we don't exactly get many visitors... :)

That's why we need banners!!

Then make one!

I will as soon as I install Corel Draw!

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Dark Jaguar - 9th February 2004

Any way we could change back to Tendocity.net rather than "tcforums"? Not anything major, but that was a good domain name.

Yes. I agree.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 27th March 2005

Yeah.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 28th March 2005

You revived and old thread just to say that?

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - OB1 - 28th March 2005

I'll respond to that in twelve months.

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - Great Rumbler - 28th March 2005

Good for you!

Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop - A Black Falcon - 28th March 2005

We should, though.