Tendo City
Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Five Hour ROTK: EE? (/showthread.php?tid=1421)

Pages: 1 2

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - OB1 - 30th December 2003

You started the whole argument!

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Great Rumbler - 30th December 2003

No! The smart thing is...blackmail! Threaten to photocopy that embarrassing picture you have unless they concede victory to you! Bwahahahaha!!! :evil:

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - A Black Falcon - 30th December 2003

I agree, in a way DJ looks like she is afraid to admit to anyone that action movies can be fun for fear of looking 'stupid' (I say 'in a way' because comedies involve just as much turning off your brain...)

(and as for comedies, I think we've gone over my opinion on that genre more than enough. Though some shows are definitely better than others... I just don't get nearly as much enjoyment from a comedy as I do from a good drama or action show...)

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Dark Jaguar - 30th December 2003

Ugh, ABF, in the whole time you've known me, have you ever got the impression that I'd lie about my own opinions just to look cool?

Exactly. You don't like comedies, but I do. I don't like action, but you do. I made it clear in some long post that I do see how someone could enjoy it simply for the art form, and OB1 then confirmed that for me. I'm actually not entirely sure how this actually turned into an argument.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Great Rumbler - 31st December 2003

What's wrong with action?

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - OB1 - 31st December 2003

Well it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I understand that. But when you try to act all high-and-mighty because you don't like action, that's when people start getting annoyed. You don't like Equilibrium, fine. But why do you have to insult GR for liking it?

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Dark Jaguar - 31st December 2003

Just my preference really. I had made that clear before my whole speal about action movies after GR's post. Turns out, by the way, I was thinking of Minority Report. Never even seen Equilibrium. Might be good, I dunno. And I wasn't insulting GR, well, not seriously anyway. Take a chill pill. Wow, haven't heard that one in a while, and never thought I'd say it... what's becoming of me?

Yes I know that's your preference and I respect that. I also don't like Dilbert and Garfield but I won't call you a fool for liking them.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Dark Jaguar - 31st December 2003

Good, I guess that means you also take back the times you did call me a fool for liking them :D.

Yeah, if only I had actually said that and you weren't just a big fat liar. :shakeit:

I never called anyone an idiot for liking Garfield. I just said that I don't find it even slightly funny.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2003

I've never heard of Equilibrium...

Minority Report? Very good sci-fi movie. I liked it... though I did think it had one big plot hole that was not explained. That eye he got in with. There's no way that it should have still worked! Ridiculous.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Dark Jaguar - 1st January 2004

You mean the one that nearly bounced into the sewer? They explained that with "really powerful antibiotics" I think. I suppose that would do the trick, and assuming an advanced civilization, they may have been able to actually wire up the nerves correctly so he could use it. I was actually able to suspend my disbelief for that... However, the badness of the plot was what did it for me there. Oh well...

In other news, they should rename the four swords part of the new Capcom Zelda game shouldn't they? Something like, well SOMETHING different so the two different games have two different names.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - OB1 - 1st January 2004

Well you know, that's what happens when you adapt a short story into a long one.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - A Black Falcon - 1st January 2004

No, not that they reattached the eye, but that it gave him access to the building AFTER HE WAS FIRED! That was just totally absurd... I mean, in the future haven't they heard of disconnecting the security clearance of fired or dead employees?

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Dark Jaguar - 1st January 2004

Oh yes, I remember thinking of that. I suppose we were to just assume that no one got around to telling any computers he was fired... oh wait I think they did. Then we were meant to assume it was a badly designed program, even though everything ELSE was obviously well programmed. Just another insult to our intelligence. Plot holes are kinda hard to ignore. I mean, the entire basis of the rest of the story hinges on that moment, so it all falls apart if that moment falls apart.

I liked the movie, and most of the plot was fine... probably some minor plot holes if I wanted to nitpick, but good enough. But that one really bothered me. The whole plot hinged on it working, and it was so totally absurd! At least usually they make up an explanation or have some kind of lame excuse... this had nothing. It just assumed that you believed that the people in charge of the computer systems have made all this great stuff but are so incompetent that they forgot to disable his security clearance... and the biggest problem is they did it without mention! I mean, they could at least have had him say like "lucky they don't disable my clearance for X time after being fired (as totally absurd and illogical as that would be, at least it'd be SOMEHTHING)"... but no, he just gets in after being fired. Normally I don't mind plot holes but that was one of the more gaping ones in recent memory... I just think that they could have come up with a better solution.

Still, it was a good movie. That just hurt it some.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Great Rumbler - 1st January 2004

I didn't even notice that...or perhaps I did and it was such a small thing to me that I didn't care for more than five SECONDS.

:love:

Then you weren't paying attention, because it was a major part of the plot and was so obviously flawed...

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Great Rumbler - 1st January 2004

No.

Yes. I watched the movie with my parents and my mom definitely noticed it too... and DJ did too, as she said... so it's not just me. :)

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Laser Link - 2nd January 2004

Oh, I meant that I have both the FotR EE and TTT EE, not both the regular and EE versions. Sorry to make that confusing.

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Great Rumbler - 2nd January 2004

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Yes. I watched the movie with my parents and my mom definitely noticed it too... and DJ did too, as she said... so it's not just me. :)

I meant "no" as in "No it wasn't that big and you were only bringing it up because you thought it was something big and major and somehow despite being small made the movies not as good as it could have been despite saying that it was a good movie but flawed by some part of the plot which wasn't really that big but you somehow seem to think that that part of the plot of the movie was big and in fact big enough to bring down the over-all quality of the movies, ect."

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - A Black Falcon - 2nd January 2004

Whatever you meant by "no", you are wrong. :D

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - Great Rumbler - 2nd January 2004

No, you are wrong!

ABF: *is wrong*

Five Hour ROTK: EE? - A Black Falcon - 2nd January 2004

LL: Really? That comment sure looked like you meant that you'd gotten both the theatrical and extended editions to me...