Tendo City
N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! (/showthread.php?tid=1232)

Pages: 1 2

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Great Rumbler - 13th November 2003

Yes, complete with that really cool thing they did where everything was in slow-motion.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - A Black Falcon - 13th November 2003

Yes, she is really annoying..

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - alien space marine - 14th November 2003

Chronic boredom is painful and I say! ........ very painful!

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - OB1 - 14th November 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Yes, she is really annoying..

Sshhhh!! You'll make DJ insecure about being a hick or something like that.

:D

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - A Black Falcon - 14th November 2003

OB1, that was actually a reply to

Quote:I can't stand that Glad woman!

. :D

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Dark Jaguar - 14th November 2003

Chuckle

Now THAT'S a slip of the Freudian kind!

You mean I missed page 2. Not sure how I managed to do that, but I did... :)

See, my computer was broken like all day yesterday... I was on on another computer sometime in early afternoon, but other than that I wasn't online until about 2:30am this morning when I finally fixed the stupid thing. Over three hours straight, about... after having it running much of the day doing something that didn't help. Evil, evil, Microsoft!

ABF, I know that you were talking about the Glad woman. I said that because DJ made a remark about how people that talk about commercials (even though DJ started an entire thread on Nintendo commercials, figure that) are hicks.

Ah. I wasn't sure who you were referring to...

And no, I did not have a fun day yesterday.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2003

I am NOT a hick!! *realizes no one was talking to him over even vaguely in his direction* I mean...hey look over there! It's a UFO!! *runs away*

You see, this is what I mean... It's called humor.

What I wanna know is how you managed to start and CONTINUE an argument with someone that wasn't even arguing with you!

Uh... agreeing with ABF on something was contiuing an argument? Erm

I don't think DJ was paying attention...

That's the most accurate thing I've heard all day! Let's eat!

:D

How about saying once again that DJ, you really need to "read" our "posts" before complaining to us about what we say... its getting really old to hear you constantly complain about us "arguing" when we aren't, like you have done several times recently... talking about a subject is not by definition arguing!

Not getting it King award goes to.... YOU! Congrats! :D

You must admit you do that fairly frequently...

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Great Rumbler - 14th November 2003

No, I do that farley...frigum...dem...lop...what?

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - A Black Falcon - 23rd December 2003

N-Gage R0><0R!!11!!

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/december03/ngagevirtues/

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - alien space marine - 24th December 2003

thats scary to think.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Great Rumbler - 24th December 2003

Those features would be good if the games and the console itself didn't suck so much.

Verdict: N-Gage is teh poo. GBA roxorz.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - A Black Falcon - 24th December 2003

Yeah, those features could be useful in some cases (well, except for the 12 buttons thing... trying to make that awfully designed pad with so many buttons so close together into a feature is ... creative ... and I really don't mind the GBA's shoulder buttons...), but with all of the drawbacks of the N-Gage? Not at all. Trying to make it sound good just makes them look foolish for trying. :)

Gamespy must be on Nokia's payroll.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Weltall - 24th December 2003

I wonder how much N-Gage's Bluetooth multiplayer is really worth when you consider how unlikely it is that two people in the same city own one.

Heh heh :D

Remember the infrared multiplayer the GBC had? That thing was so worthless.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Weltall - 24th December 2003

As a basic calculation, considering that there are about 10,000 N-Gages in America right now, here's how useful Bluetooth multiplayer is.

The range of Bluetooth is 33 feet. There are ten thousand N-Gage users in America. Therefore, taking the size of America into consideration, and assuming that the N-Gage user does not know another N-Gage player, there is a 1 in 565,749,600 chance they will ever take advantage of a multiplayer game on their unit.

That's not very good odds, especially considering that there are only 250 million people in the US.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Dark Jaguar - 24th December 2003

That's because it used a poor wavelength of light, infrared, for communication! Blue tooth is far better, but Weltall is dead on accurate about why that feature sucks when it's on an N-Gage. When the link thingy Triton Labs is making is released, THAT will actually proove far more useful than the plain worthlessness of the GBC infrared (with the distance of 2 inches if I remember correctly) and what sucks is some features FORCED you to use that rather than at least give one the option of using a link cable, so it's currently VERY hard to find a way to unlock certain things that required that.

However, N-Gage also has the online network via Nokia's cell phone network. Again, sucky due to the utter lack of owners so there's likely to be a hard time finding any online games. Also, you'd be playing against people who actually bought an N-Gage, so there's that. However, on a Gameboy (or any succesfully introduced Non-Nintendo handheld), it'd be a great idea. Nintendo, if everyone will recall, even tried doing online play via the GBC with Pokémon Crystal, but only in Japan where there's a common standard in ports on all cell phone brands so their device for linking a GBC to a cell phone could actually be sold without making about a million adapter parts. That's why one can only catch Celebi in-game in the Japanese Crystal game, via the online colloseum. Suffice it to say it never took off in Japan so they haven't considered the online thing since.

I actually used the GBA infared once... to get that Mario Deluxe medal... but yeah it was pretty much useless, and even with the advantages Bluetooth has over it, when the system is as rare as the N-Gage...

And as for internet, it's a good idea, but doesn't the N-Gage online arena mostly have just minigames and stuff and not the actual full games because of bandwidth problems?

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - OB1 - 24th December 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Gamespy must be on Nokia's payroll.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Dark Jaguar - 24th December 2003

Hmm, hadn't heard about that, or even thought about it until now, but yeah bandwidth would result in some pretty big lag issues I think. Telephone systems are grossly outdated anyway. Oddly enough, ham radio in and of itself isn't outdated :D. Anyway, I suppose it'd take stuff that doesnt' require a lot of data, like an online turn based RPG or whatever sort of minigames N-Gage is using there, to make use of it I suppose.

Ya know, when the price finally drops to around $50 or less like the poor Virtual Boy did just before it blinked out, I might just pick one up JUST to have one :D.

Like Tomb Raider. It's got a netplay mode, all right, but it's just some minigame, not actually Tomb Raider...

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - OB1 - 25th December 2003

Uh oh, I'm responding to yet another one of DJ's posts! What ever shall you do?? Chuckle

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - Great Rumbler - 25th December 2003

Explode. What? That's what I'd do.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - OB1 - 25th December 2003

Huh.

Yeah, I guess you could do that.

N-Gage: N-Gaged for Success! - A Black Falcon - 17th February 2004

The sequel!

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/february04/7sinsngage/index2.shtml